If this comes out on MacOS, I'll gladly pay for it.
CT Football Manager
A downloadable game for Windows
A sports simulation game where you take the role of the manager/Head Coach of a College Football team. You will be able to handle depth charts, recruiting of players, setting tactics, schedule etc.
At the moment we have created a lot of the infrastructure for the game, and also done many of the screens.
- 130 college teams to choose from
- 10 different conferences with championship games for each of them
- Over 500 different high schools (non-playable)
- 30+ different bowl games
- 50+ rivalries
We have started on some of the AI, so the CPU teams will try to hire recruits, and also implemented an update to the game simulation, so the AI will try to pick the best play for a specific down.
We are two persons who love College Football and love the old Football Manager games (Soccer). We have done a lot of coding for a number of different minor projects.
We are using a forum over at gmgames.org: http://forums.gmgames.org/forum/408-ct-football-manager/
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- Biweekly release - 0.5.621 hours ago
- Biweekly release - 0.5.514 days ago
- Biweekly release - 0.5.428 days ago
- Going for Two45 days ago
- More bugfixing50 days ago
- Biweekly release - 0.5.356 days ago
- More Recruiting64 days ago
- Biweekly release - 0.5.270 days ago
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Sometimes a human game will keep repeating the 3&4 quaters
save doesn't work still . Also the game tends to crash after the first season. The recruiting is working much better can actually get recruits. The save also still seems to have the problem of when opened going to the Akron bulls and not being able to do anything. If there is anything i could send to you guys to help fix this let me know. but i think this game is much better now the major fix that i see currently is saving the game. Along with slowly overtime fine tuning things to make it work to the best of it's ability.
If you could sent the saved files to email@example.com it would be a huge help. We are currently fixing the issue with the crash after the first season, so that should be covered. Thanks for the help
Saved game in preseason and the practice and polls don't work right its like they dont happen
Thanks for reporting it, and we will fix it before next release
I downloaded the game but can´t open it.
Do you have .NET Framework installed, and are you sure you have unzipped the files first?
When you go into a save game your recruiting budget is zero even if you saved and still had budget left. So you can't ever exit a game with out re starting. Also Recruiting needs to be fixed the game makes it impossible to get any of the recruits that you target. I have had this problem in playing as bigger schools and smaller schools. How can i keep a winning team when i am getting no recruits. I have had several recruits with either a high or excellent recruiting rating and then they go and commit to other schools. Also the budget for recruiting needs to be fixed because it makes it impossible for the smaller schools to recruit beyond the seniors because the important actions cost so much. If this is not fixed soon i may just stop playing until it is.
Thanks for the input and we will optimize this for the next release coming out in 14 days
how to go to next day😡😡😡😡😡
When mousing over the continue button you should have the option to either go to next day or next event
So a few comments from my first bit of casual play
- Most recruits at skill positions (mostly on defense) are 6'4" and over. I don't think i saw a corner, safety, and receivers to name a few. I'm not sure if this is just my save or overall, because most lineman seem to be around 5'11 to 6'2" and same goes for most other positions.
- A number of states had no pool to recruit from (namely Wisconsin)
- While the UI is fine, the depth chart is the area that definitely needs work. At the moment the only thing it marks players for is injury, not suspension. Additionally because it doesn't show ratings you have to memorize most players on your roster, which is rather daunting for the size of a college team. An idea could be breaking them up sorta like in madden by position or FM by rating so you can sort them easier?
Those where the big few things that jumped out at me from a quick run through, but overall you guys definitely have a solid foundation! Can't wait to see how the game comes along in the future ;)
Thank you so much for the inputs which we will try to look at in the next couple of releases :-)
I have found that recruiting is to difficult i had excellent on a lot of recruits and i got none of them !! How can i get more players if none of them will play for me? Also the game needs to stop on important high school events not just college.
We will take a look at both things, so thanks for telling us that something isn't working as planned
how can i edit Players?
At the moment the player names and attributes are totally random, so it is not possible to edit them
Which download file do I pick?
You should start the game by unzipping the file and click the exe-file
The game crashes when the first season ends. Also have issues when saving and loading a game. Is there anyway to fix this?
We will take a look at the crash after first season ends, and would it be possible for you to sent us the saved game (to firstname.lastname@example.org)? What issues do you have with loading and saving?
Percebi que nas imagens do jogo as equipes têm seus logotipos feitos perfeitamente, mas quando eu comecei, os logotipos eram exatamente como letras. Deseja implementar os logotipos em breve?
O que outras pessoas estão dizendo
Sorry I don't understand the question?
he said that he saw the team flag/logo made perfectly but when playing t'was just letters. Do you want to implement the logo/flag properly anytime soon?
the game is crashing a lot for me. is anyone else having this problem?
Do you have a log file called CTFM.log with new entries?
Do you plan to extend the game by pro football?
At the moment we are focused on College Football only but we will never say never :-)
Hey, some more feedback. I noticed when recruiting, once a recruit gets a certain number of offers you can't offer him because the offer list is too large and you can't scroll to get to make offer
I've liked it up to this point, everything I look for in a game! However, in an attempt to start my week 1 game, it said my depth chart had an issue and it couldn't start the game. It didn't tell me the problem or how to fix it. I think I have too many active players (118 oof) but don't see where to fix it. Could you help me please?
In the depth chart you should be able to see which players are injuries, so have you tried to replace those? else we have optimized the depth cahrt for the next release, so it should be fixed there
Really fantastic work! As soon as we saw that you're Football Manager manager fans we knew we had to play this and weren't disappointed!
Things we loved:
- It was really easy to jump straight in and start playing, having default tactics and a lineup already set was a big help.
- The GUI is really clean and easy to navigate, and very simplistically stylish.
- The depth of the game is great - with so many attributes for each player you feel like you can endlessly tweak your team to try and affect each game.
- You could add a 'Continue to Next Game' or 'Continue to Next Event' button rather than progressing a single day at a time.
- It'd be great to be able to view reports/breakdowns of previous games by clicking on them in the 'Calendar' screen.
- If basic season stats could be viewed from the 'Squad' screen or 'Depth Chart' screen it would help with roster changes and team selection.
Overall we loved the game, and look forward to playing future updates!